Hello there, dry, cracking skin. Every year when winter arrives it brings snow, cold air, and also one of the worse versions of ourselves. The air is dry, the temperatures are constantly changing and this wreaks havoc on our once beautiful, hydrated, tanned skin.
I went to get a facial a few weeks and my life-savor, also known as Allie, told me everyone is having problems right now with everything from their scalp to their cuticles. Because of this, she recommended a couple of products with me that I wanted to share with you too also to see if they will help your skin!
I wanted to try out the products first and give my skin a few weeks to see if they worked or not and what do you know, they DID! While my skin is still not back to normal, as only warmer temperatures and some Vitamin D will do that, it is soooo much better than it was a few weeks ago!
So I have put together the products she recommended, including primer for redness, concealer, face wash, cream, and a few others!
- Clinique Take The Day Off Balm- This is lifesaving. My eyes have been extra dry and the makeup removing wipes I had been using was making my eyes irritated, so when I was recommended to use this, I was willing to try just about anything. This is a balm so it starts out as a solid gel type, but once you rub your fingers in it, it begins to pile up and you can rub it on your eyes for about 30 seconds and it gets ALL of your eye makeup off! (lncluding your fake lashes)
- Cerave Hydrating Facial Cleanser- I have tried SO many different products that took my makeup off but didn't fully cleanse my face without making it too dry. So I like to use this after I have used the clinique take the day off balm (and have washed it off), and I like to barely wet my face. After rubbing in circular motions for about a minute, I wash this off with hot water.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Sun Dipped Glow Kit- This glow kit has been crucial this winter. While (mostly) everyone has been a paler version of themselves, this glow kit has a highlighter and 3 different "bronzers" to help contour & make us look as though we have been "sun kissed". Who wouldn't want that look during the middle of winter without looking like you've been to the tanning bed?
- IT Cosmetics Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream- I have tried 5+ foundations over the last 3 months and all of them have seemed to make my skin flake after a few hours due to dryness. They look great when you first put them on, but let's be honest, we are all looking for that "all day & all night" look without having to take everything off and re-do your foundation. However, when I was first introduced to this, I instantly fell in love. I mix this with a small dime size of the Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer and achieve a dewey all day and night look!
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Towelettes- Earlier I talked about the balm and how I didn't like to use wipes on my eyes, however these are my favorite to use on my face. I like how the baggie has a sealed closure because unlike other brands, this enables the wipes to stay fresh and not dry out.
- L.A. Girl Pro Conceal- The greatest thing since sliced bread. No, I'm not joking, and yes, this stuff is green. If any of you have rosacea, redness, splotches, or any kind of skin discoloration, this will be your best friend. Not only is it less than $5, but it is the only thing I have found to cover up my redness that is driven by the dry winter air. I use this after washing my face with the cleanser & applying the Cerave lotion, but before I put on the combination of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream & coconut milk priming moisturizer.
- Cerave Daily Moisturizing Lotion- This is what seals the deal when it comes to ultra hydration. After using the Cerave cleanser, I splash cold water to close my pores & apply this lotion. It keeps my face feeling silky smooth all day long.
- Nars Pro Concealer- Dry skin leads and less sleep than normal leads to dark circles, pimples, and spots that don't seem to want to go away. The Nars pro concealer is my solution to all of the above. After I finish putting on my make-up, I use this to go back over the under area of my eyes or any spots that seem to want to show up. It has a really fun wand that helps to easily spot correct and then use a beauty blender to blend it in with the rest of my makeup!
- LaLa Retro Whipped Cream- This is something I use before I go to sleep at night and use it as a mask. I only use this about once a week, but I coat this on and take a good, long, sleep in this to give me an extra boost of hydration!
Please let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to help! Now say hello to beautiful, hydrated skin!