We are approaching the most wonderful time of the year and it is crunch time for checking off your list of gifts to buy. You can see each of my gift guides under the tab, however, I wanted to put a round up of each one below and my top 5 favorite items from each! So, without further adieu….
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
It's been a few weeks since I've posted a real blog post. We lost my grandfather unexpectedly and my best friends mom lost her 12 year battle to cancer, all in a span of 2 weeks. While I can't describe how I've felt quite yet, I can say that through all of the sadness we celebrated how many wonderful years we got with both of them.
To start back on the blog post train, I couldn't think of a better company to talk about than Maggy London. I've been a buyer of Maggy London dresses for many, many years now, and when I was approached to work with them, my heart about stopped because I was so excited!
Don't you love when you just "click" with someone, or something, and in this case, a brand? Maggy London has tons of different styles of dresses, featuring everything from casual dresses to wear to the farmer's market to wedding guest dresses!
In this post, I'm going to share with you two of their dresses that were gifted to me, along with my size and links to everything in the pictures!
Let's start off with the....
This dress is perfect for any "dressier" occasion, whether it be attending a wedding or cocktail attire party! I am wearing a size 4, it fits everywhere except the chest area, but I am pretty small chested so that seems to be the story of my life :) Click HERE to shop the dress
While the name of this dress is the "maxi", it definitely fits more like a midi-maxi. I am 5'8 and the dress goes down to about my shins. Now, with that being said, this is one of my favorite dresses of all times. I LOVE the length of it because your shoes pop out slightly, which gives me a good reason to wear cute one :) My favorite part about this dress is that you don't have to wear a bra with it! I wore this around all day, to the grocery store, farmers market, all around Charlotte and never got uncomfortable in it! Click HERE to shop this dress! Also, I'm wearing a size 4.
If you look through all of Maggy London's website, you are bound to find many styles that fit your taste. They cater to almost every woman and the dresses are so flattering! If you have any questions, please comment below!
Good Morning, friends!
My whole life I have always loved being in shape, making new goals & challenging myself to do things I never thought I would be able to. One of my goals for 2018 was to run a half marathon. Now for those of you who don't know me, I hurt my back playing college volleyball and will have problems for the rest of my life, which I have accepted and am grateful that this is my biggest problem as I know many others are suffering much, much worse. However, due to this back issue, it has spread to my hips/knees/etc, you get the point. Because of this, I have had to stay very in-tune with my body and not push myself too hard, but for some reason, I am determined to run a half marathon!
Maybe I want to so badly because it's the "forbidden fruit" or "you always want what you can't have", who knows, but I have set this goal and I am not going to give up on it! I have purchased a training guide that comes with meal plans (to make sure you're eating enough/the right things) as well as a guide to keep your body healthy and injury free!
Along with this, I was determined to set out and find the best running socks that keep your feet dry, cool, and blister free. Ask and you shall receive, they say, & that is exactly what happened. Enter: Balega.
These cute, bright socks will be the only socks you ever buy for yourself or that special someone. My mom used to buy my socks at costco because you could get a pack of 6 pairs for maybe $20, however, they quickly lost their elasticity or would slip off my heel mid-run.
The "Balega Socks Difference", as they call it, truly does make a difference in your run. These perfectly designed contoured fit seamless socks help to keep the blisters away. With up to 30% more stitches in each pair you get a deep heal pocket that ensures no slipping off the back. With moisture being one of the other main causes of blisters, the ventilation panels designed for these socks helps to keep your feet dry!
After trying out a couple of different brands, I kept coming back to the Balega's. Whether it is for long runs training for the half marathon or heading to my next kickboxing class, I now have about 8 pair of these socks and they are the only ones I will wear!
I'm linking my favorites below, but you can also click HERE to learn more about these socks! I will be doing a post coming soon about shoes to keep your feet and legs strong/happy throughout the training process, so stay tuned!
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
Has anyone else realized that the weather is typically not what they say it will be? I feel like if it's a 90% chance of rain, there's actually a 90% chance it won't rain. Maybe that's just me, but it's something I have begun to notice a lot lately as it was supposed to rain the last two days and it never did. I'm not complaining, I'm all for bright, sun shining days!
Speaking of weather, this morning I heard the news talking about how we still have a couple of chilly weeks ahead, but I'm hoping that they are wrong and that it's actually going to be warm and beautiful because I have just found the cutest boutique, Marley Lilly.
I don't know if you have heard of this company before, but I came across them a few months ago and have completely fallen in love (cue the heart eye emoji). Marley Lilly is a boutique that sells a lot of monogrammed gifts. If you are from the South and love anything/everything with your monogram on it, then this is going to be your new favorite place to shop for yourself or gifts for others.
I am lucky enough to be able to collaborate with them and share my favorite spring picks from their new arrivals with you! Whether it's summer or winter, raining or snowing outside, Marley Lilly has you covered in every way possible. So, without further adieu, let me introduce you to the most amazing boutique....
How cute is all of that?! I just can't get enough of it! It is making me dream of summer days headed to the beach or pool or for my next vacation ;) Let's hope it's to somewhere with clear water. But who isn't dreaming of that?!
You should check out the rest of their site, they have the cutest summer dresses, tops, bags & hats! They also have great gifts for soon-to-be brides, bridesmaids, or even a thank you to a friend, Marley Lilly is a one stop shop!
Is anyone else seriously struggling with daylight savings? I woke up this morning and felt like I hadn't slept for days, but nonetheless, I got up and went straight to work!
As many of you have seen, one of the main trends right now is one that can be worn many different ways. Whether it be on a bag, your ponytail, or even around your neck, the scarf is a trend that is coming on strong this spring.
So far I have found 3 that I am absolutely in love with, so I wanted to put together a post about how I like to style them!
TIED ON A BAG
Finding a scarf that has many different colors in it helps to pull this look off with a cute pair of pants! Straw bags are going to be one of the "it" bags of summer, so be sure to grab one before they sell out!
TIED AROUND YOUR NECK
This style is screaming "je t'aime" (cue the heart eyes). Every time I wear my one of my scarves like this, I envision myself walking along the streets of Paris, with a croissant in hand headed to the Louvre :)
TIED IN YOUR HAIR
Is anyone else getting a retro 50's vibe here? I'm thinking poodle skirts and chunky heels. I love this look when you're trying to take it back to the ole' days and headed out for a picnic or to run errands and want a flirty vibe to your look.
Good Morning & Happy Friday!
Our trip to New Zealand is finally here! For those of you who don't know, my oldest brother is getting married next weekend in NZ and we are headed over there to spend some time with them before the big day!
For those of you who also don't know, New Zealand is literally on the other side of the planet. Not even joking, we googled it and you could only get one hour further away to be on the complete opposite side. This means that we have a long flight ahead of us, the flight from Houston is about 15 hours. I was really worried about this flight until I talked to a couple of people who helped me to put together this list of Travel Essentials For Long Flights.
My biggest questions for this were: How do I entertain myself for that long? What are the best travel pillows? What if I can't sleep? What types of products do I need to keep hydrated? What are the best compression socks? What about if I don't want to take all of my hair products, what are the best travel sized hair dryers?
Well, I took the liberty of testing out a ton of different products to get you the best of the best! I will keep this updated if there is anything else I want to add when we land in NZ!
- Savannah Zippered Tote- First and most important aspect of your best vacation ever. I have a different version of this bag, but this exact one has a zip that keeps all of your belongings together while traveling. I love that this bag has a zip because if your bag gets knocked over on the plane or while you are out & about traveling, your personal items don't fall out! The best part about this bag: you can get it monogrammed! *Cue the heart eyes*
- Laptop Case- Whether you are traveling around the world or headed to a coffee shop to get some work done, one thing that is always with you is your laptop. Most of the time, your laptop is one of the more expensive items that you have will you, so why wouldn't you take the time to invest in a good laptop case that will protect your prized possession as well as look cute? This laptop case here is my absolute favorite because you can get it monogrammed like I did and it has a thick covering to keep my computer safe and sound
- Keds- When I think of these shoes, I think of how my grandmother used to wear them/still does. However, thankfully, these comfortable, perfect for traveling shoes are back in style for us and I am obsessed with them! I had one pair before that I wore so much while traveling and walking around London that they got worn out after a few years, so I now have a second pair that will be making the big trip with me across the world. Keep an eye out for the pictures I post because you'll be seeing a lot of these!
- Jewelry Case- One of the key items you need while traveling: a good jewelry case. I found this one linked above on Amazon for a great price. I love this one because it holds everything I pack and has a puff pillow for your rings/bracelets!
- Travel Foot Rest Pillow- I found this one on amazon as well and have only heard great things about it! This is an inflatable "pillow" that is a rectangular shape, giving you many different uses! I have a lot of back/hip/knee problems, so being able to blow this up and stick it under my feet/knees (if I'm lucky enough to lay down) will help to take the pressure off of my back and keep my comfy for the long flight!
- Hydrating Face Mask- Probably one of the most important things I have packed. I didn't know this, but you can take face masks/tea bags on planes. WHO KNEW?! Not me, until now. I have been on many long flights, however, my skin always gets soooo dry, until now! The facemarks I have linked are some of my absolute favorite and they are an incredible price!
- Trtl Pillow- This is going to be a game changer for me. I have never found a good travel pillow that would keep my neck from getting a crick. This was one that several of you have recommended so I decided to give it a try and have even given it a test run! Yes, I tried it out at my house one night and I am so happy to finally have a pillow I can trust to keep me comfortable!
- Compression Socks- If you follow me on instagram, you have seen me asking about good compression socks. Because of my back problems, my legs fall asleep easily, my knees start to ache/hips hurt (I promise, I'm okay, it's just something I deal with everything, I'm lucky that these are my biggest problems :) ). So when we were getting close to our long (15 hour) flight, I was so worried about blood clots, swelling, etc. so I asked all of you on my instagram and a lot of nurses told me about these ones that I linked above. They said they are game changers and will make for a happy flight!
- Travel Sized Hair Dryer- This hair dryer is sold exclusively at Anthropologie and I am so excited to finally share it with you all! While I was gifted this, I have to tell you, it is AMAZING! I never want to take a huge hair dryer while I travel, but I also don't want to use a cheap one that doesn't work on my thick hair and ends up frying it. Enter this amazing hair dryer. Trust me, you need this in your life.
- L'Oreal Ever Pure- As you've heard me say MANY a times, I have dry skin. Winter doesn't help my cause, at all. Because of this, I have been on the hunt for a good hair mask & conditioner that will keep my hair from getting too dry while traveling and this one linked above is the only one that has worked for me!
Please let me know if you have any questions :) When we land, I will update you on how everything worked!
Happy Thursday, Friends!
I'm sure some of you haven noticed recently that some of my posts have been about a company called VICI Collections. Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't heard of the company before, but they reached out to me about partnering with them and I have completely fallen in love with their clothes.
What is so great about this company is that their items sell out SO quickly and they only restock a few items, so it's nice that you know the whole world doesn't have the exact same thing as you. After receiving my first package from them, I can't stop looking at the website every single day and ordering new things. I have ordered over 10 items, however, I wanted to share my top 5 with you!
H E N R Y // S W E A T E R
This sweater is one of the most comfortable cowl neck sweaters I have ever had. I love the light color of it because it looks great with dark jeans or light and that it is not itchy! One of the worst things is when you buy a sweater and it turns out to be so itchy from the material that you never wear it! This one is so soft, I just can't stop wearing it! I've also paired it with a skirt for work and it is SO cute!!
C L A S S Y // S A S S Y // T I E // S W E A T E R
This cold shoulder tie sweater is giving me all the heart eyes! At first, I was never really into the cold shoulder look, and to be quite honest I still am not, however, this top completely changed my mind. It is a mix between a deep red and a plum color, so it's perfect for football games (Go Gamecocks) but is great for hanging out at a brewery on a Saturday or going out to dinner with friends at night. My favorite part? The ties are thick enough to cover your bra straps, so you don't have to wear a strapless one!
R O C K Y // C O T T O N // P U L L O V E R
I don't know about you, but I am also on the hunt for a great athleisure top. That term is one that has come about in the last few years and I LOVE it. This term now makes me feel like I can look cute in workout clothes and wear them not only when going to the gym, but also running around doing errands. This is one of my favorite athleisure tops. With the slits up the sides and my high waisted leggings, it gives that extra stretch and flow that we love! The hoodie makes for the perfect fall feel and if it's raining, just pull up to keep you from getting soaked!
C A Z A D O R // B L O U S E
If you have been following my instagram, many of you have seen me post about this top a few times now so you know that I LOVE this top. I have mentioned it before, but because of the wide neckline, the top does fall off your shoulders some, so I just use some fashion tape and it works like a charm :) This top is so cute with black jeans during fall/winter or with a skirt for work! The diversity of this makes it well worth the purchase! The handbag I am styling with this is still not online, however I continue to check everyday and will let you know as soon as it appears!
F A U X // S U E D E // J A C K E T
Say "Hello" to your new favorite fall jacket! This faux suede jacket is undeniably my favorite piece from Vici Collection! I love the stretch of the jacket, it slides right over my sweaters for those extra chilly days, but also looks great with a just a tank for going out! The quilted bag and matching suede booties top off the outfit for my favorite fall outfit!
If you have any questions about sizing, etc. please comment below and I will get back with you as quickly as I can!
*please note that while this is a sponsored post, any and all ideas/comments are my own and that I would never promote a brand that I do not believe in or love myself*
Receive 20% off with code kathryn20Read More
The Jetsetter Convertible BackpackRead More
Full review on LipSenseRead More